Friday, May 27, 2011

Kid friendly meals

My kids love noodles! Since noodles aren't exactly a health food I try to make them as sparingly as possible. When I do make them I use quinoa noodles, or red lentil or something of the sort. While not the same consistency as regular noodles, its a much better alternative. Ill sprinkle on some "fake cheese" like daiya and some salt and herbs, and mix in some pastured chicken or meat on the side.


Another favorite in my house is "pizza betzah" which is basically scrambled eggs.
I use pastured eggs, nutritional yeast for that cheesy flavor and consistency, sea salt and I'll boil up some edamame, quinoa or sweet potatoes on the side, with fresh veggies too.
Its another quick, easy, healthy dinner that my kids will eat without a fuss!

Have a great shabbos everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment