Wednesday, May 18, 2011

chocolate smoothie

I love chocolate! I made this yesterday for someone who got their wisdom teeth pulled out and can't eat anything.
A banana
some oats
 blueberries
coconut milk (canned, no sugar or preservatives added)
slivered almonds
Raw cocoa powder or cacao goji powder found in health food stores

Blend it all up until it's really smooth and creamy! Seriously, there's no need for ice cream to make a great smoothie or milk shake! So delicious and on top of that you have your fruit, fiber, fat, protein, antioxidants, iron and whole grains.
Now if you're really adventurous, you can add a spoon of natural, no sugar added peanut or almond butter or some coconut oil for extra healthy fat (fat is a good thing in the right form) and flavor!
I did want to put some spinach leaves in the smoothie to get some extra super food energy in there, I just didn't know if the person would appreciate that very much!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I have actually been putting greens into the smoothies and love it...it makes it kind of pulpy so you have to like it...but I don't mind the texture and know that I am getting good vitamins in me...

    ReplyDelete