Friday, May 18, 2012

Hi everyone,
I just thought I would share some recipes with you...

Quinoa with maitake mushroom sauce
      Lightly saute maitake mushrooms with some extra virgin olive oil, fresh garlic and tomatoes. You can use Eden Organics crushed tomatoes too. Boil up some quinoa or any grain of choice and mix together. This was a big hit last shabbos in my house...

 Crispy quinoa cookies:
     Mix 1 C of honey or maple syrup, half C oil (olive, grapeseed, sunflower...) 1/2 C of peanut butter (the one without extra sugar and salt) and a bit of vanilla until creamy.
Mix 1 C whole spelt flour, 3/4 C quinoa flakes, 1 Ts baking soda and 1/2 C nuts. Add the mixture to the honey mixture and blend well. Drop my teaspoonfulls and bake 12-15 minutes at 350.

Last night I made great chocolate brownies with pumpkin puree, organic baking cacao and without eggs. I can't seem to find the recipe but when I do I will post!  

Happy Friday and happy cooking...Let me know if anyone tries any of these recipes!

   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment