Friday, October 7, 2011

More pre fast ideas

As I was falling asleep last night I kept thinking of more and more great food ideas to eat through out the day that again, will give you REAL energy! Even though its a busy day and we're all running around, try to take time to at least snack on some high fat, high fiber foods...
1. Nuts. Nuts are really high in fat which give us energy, and walnuts in particular are high in omega 3 fatty acids which support good brain function. They're also super easy to eat on the go.
2. Celery or carrots with almond or peanut butter (when I say nut butters I don't mean the full of sugar skippy peanut butter) and raisins. This is obviously a good source of vegetables and the nut butters add good, healthy fats. Organic raisins are loaded with antioxidants and they give this snack a good, sweet flavor.
3.Make eggs for breakfast, with some oats and a pure fruit smoothie on the side. This meal includes fat, protein and a quick, easy source to get some fruit into your system today.
4. Another great recipe for the pre fast meal is one I got from my sister. Its a quinoa salad which includes edemame, red onions, fresh parsley and cranberries (preferably without sugar and preservatives). I like to add  nuts to the mix for a fat source. The dressing is a honey mustard, vinegar mix. But you can really season it however you wish. Quinoa takes on any flavor you mix it with! This meal provides a complete protein and whole grains from the quinoa, and has a great taste!
5. Try to skip the morning coffee. Just fill your body up with water as often as you can!
Gotta run now. When more ideas pop into my hear I'll keep you posted.

1 comment: